Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Grandma's Halloween Party

Our family Halloween party was on Monday night. We had SO MUCH fun!The kids are still a little too young to be excited about their costumes. Mason kept yelling "TAKE OFF!" and refused to wear his Buzz Lightyear boots and hat with the light up googles. He loves Buzz. I am so disappointed. And Tess refused to wear her witch's hat. At this age I think costumes are really for the parents. The kids actually feel terrorized. But hey, it's Halloween. Terror is what it's all about right?Tessa, Mason, Aiden, and Drew are all pretty much wanting their costumes off. NOW! (Tristan didn't dress up this year. But he did come to the party and I got to hold him for a minute. What a cutie!Mason, very happy to be Buzz Lightyear.Probably the only picture I'll have of Tess with her hat on. Notice I'm holding her arms so she can't rip it off of her head. Drew, So cute. Look at that junk in the trunk! I think he also wants it off.



Aiden. Looking very content and handsome in his costume. He is going to be a heart-breaker when he grows up. He is just a beautiful baby.

After some cupcakes, (check out Mason's eyelashes, holy crap.) The men carved pumpkins. Burke's pumpkin got sick to his stomach.
Then it was outside to light them. Mason started into a version of "Happy Birthday to You" as we lit the candles. Afterwards the kids ran around the backyard with glowsicks. SO FUN! It was dark and they were running so fast that it was hard to get good pics. But they were having the best time!Time to go. Mason made a wish and blew out all of the candles. (Is this the cutest? He blows with his eyes closed!)

2 comments:

Stephers said...

It was such a fun night. I think the highlight for me was when Mason started to sing Happy Birthday to the pumpkins!!! WHAT A STINKIN CUTIE.
I got some cute pics of the kids on the porch as well, yours turned out darling! They are really starting to play well together and I LOVE IT.
Let me know when Tess is feeling better and we can get together :)

angie said...

I love all the costume trauma! You are so funny. Halloween is so fun, it just gets better with older kids :) cute stuff!