Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everybody!!We have had a busy busy christmas! I haven't had time to blog since our cruise so I have lots of pictures to post.
Our week started out with baby blessings of both Aiden and Tristan. Because Aiden is adopted, They typically wait the six months until the adoption is official before they can be sealed and they do the blessing at the same time. They were supposed to be sealed on the 19th but the temple cancelled the sealing because there was so much snow! I couldn't believe it. But they went ahead with the blessing anyway. So lucky boys, the two cousins were able to be blessed on the very same day. Drew looked very handsome in his christmas sweater.

Proud momma Haylee and baby Tristan


Proud momma Steph and baby Aiden.
Just three short days later was Christmas eve at Grandma Tori's.My cute Mommy and Daddy
Grandma played christmas songs with the kids. They love the piano.

Me and my honey.
Mason was finally old enough to like decorating cookies.

My sweet girlie with her antenna pig tails

Mason with his vision impairing eyelashes

On Christmas eve I gave my brothers some advent calendars I had made for them. They were a little cheesy but we had one just like it growing up and it just doesn't seem like christmas without being able to open the ornament of the day. I made one for myself also and Mason loves it!
At last... Christmas morning!!





The pictures speak for themselves. Santa cam and the kids got lots of loot. Even though we missed our Shields family in Boise this year, it was nice to have our own little christmas morning. We loved it. Merry, Merry!!

6 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

All the pix are so sweet! And oh my heck where did you get the sweater Tess is wearing in the pic up in the header. That is so stinkin cute!!!

Hey I was wonderin.... we're very seriously looking into adopting a little black baby - because of Chloe's genetic conditions and I have always wanted to adopt anyway (I'm adopted). Would you feel comfortable telling me how your nephews got so lucky to get to your family? I'm looking into a few options, but I mean this is a big deal, I want to look into every possible option. Just let me know.

Here's to a great '09!

Jill said...

I love that sweater too! I got it from a street vendor in NYC. Doesn't she look so cute in it?
I'll write to you on facebook to give you some adoption info.

Haylee said...

It was a busy but fun Christmas! Im glad we got to see each other some what:)

Stephers said...

I love the pictures. So fun to see you guys actually opening gifts together on Christmas! The one of Aiden and I is pretty darn funny, his face is classic! Super cute.
P.S. I know that Tara has asked you about the adoption process. If you want to send her our phone # or e-mail, we would be super happy to answer any questions she may have. Love ya and hope to see you again soon.
Jill, you look beautiful by the way, in EVERY PICTURE.

Katie said...

Jill- I love the pictures! I have always wanted the advent calendar that my mom had. I think gma made them. It looks like you copied it- how that looks like so much work! You'll have to give me some pointers. Wish we would have gotten to see you over Christmas but I am a ticking time bomb you know. Love you!

angie said...

Fun to see your Christmas pics. How awesome that you duplicated the family advent calendars for your brothers!! I love that. Love you Jill!