Monday, March 30, 2009

Mason gives his 1st talk

Yesterday Mason had the chance to give his first talk in Primary. He has been a sunbeam for almost 3 months now but is still the youngest sunbeam in the primary (I think). I fully expected him to not say a word, especially since he is super shy and usually won't talk to anyone. So I made these little pictures of our family members to hold up while I planned on giving his talk for him, which was about responsibilities of family members.


When the time came to give his talk. I stood him on the little stool thingy in front of the microphone and asked him to repeat what I said. He grabbed the microphone and said "Mawwwwww!!!" as loud as he could and started laughing uncontrollably. I don't know what "maw" means but all of the other primary kids thought it was pretty funny and started laughing too. This just egged Mason on and he started shouting it again into the microphone. I hadn't planned for this. I told him to stop and tried again to get him to repeat what I said. He had other plans in mind. To stop him from shouting in the mic, I picked him up and put him on my hip and tried to give his talk for him. He didn't like this either, he started to scream and wanted to have the microphone again. I put him back down but lifted the microphone up where he couldn't reach it and gave his talk for him while trying to restrain him from getting the mic. I thought it was pretty funny but the only people laughing were the other kids. All of the adults looked pretty solemn. Oh well, we did our best, the only word I understood that Mason did say was "amen."

Mason's first talk. Just another milestone come and gone.


2 comments:

Stephers said...

Super cute, love the faces of all the family. Mason looks so cute looking at his own little face! Hope we see you soon, love you guys :)

Katie said...

Looks like you put a lot of effort into a cute talk hopefully the adults recognized that- it always is nice to see someone else kid out of control- it happens to all of us! You are a great mom!