Friday, March 28, 2008

Life changing event

Wow... my life changed in one day. We finally installed the last section of fence along our street and had gates installed so I can lock Mason in the backyard. Oh my gosh! I knew it would be wonderful but I definately under-estimated. For the first time in two-plus years Mason played by himself for more than 5 minutes. I just opened the back door and out he went. He was outside for about two hours. I couldn't believe it. I kept peeking out the window every few minutes to make sure he was okay. Maybe everyone out there doesn't understand but Mason has been my shadow since he was born. He won't do anything without me. If I walk out of the room he follows me. If I go to the bathroom, he is right there flushing the toilet while I'm trying to go. If I mop the floor he is right there leaving little footprints all the wet floor. Anyway... you get the picture. I'll move on...


I have a few pics though. Of course life is always more fun with a friend. Here is Mason with his best bud Charlie.

2 comments:

Stephers said...

It looks great! Is it the Tan color instead of the white??
In our new neighborhood we have to put the tan fence in.
Mason looks like he is having so much fun! Can't wait until Drew is healthy and we can come and play:)
Love ya.

Katie said...

Jill I am so excited for you! A fence what a blessing! And a basement you are really expanding! My boys still don't give me privacy I can lock the door but they just yell and knock. I do often hide in the closet on the phone but they have now caught on.Hope it keeps up!