Monday, August 25, 2008

Camping with the Shields Clan


We went camping with the Shields at Cascade lake this weekend. It was a blast! Here is our "incredible family". This was the best picture of everybody. Except me. I think I was talking or something. But look at my Mason in the front row. Yes folks, that is a smile. I think this is the first posed picture that he has smiled in his lifetime. I guess it proves that he had a good time. I can't believe how awesome the kids were! The ride in the car was a piece of cake now that both of my kids have discovered movies. We stayed in a Yurt which is basically a round tent cabin. It had a space heater so most of the nights we stayed toasty warm.
I think this is the first time I have posted a pic with my short hair. Ta daaa!
We went to the lake and played on the beach. Tess was hilarious. She loved it so much. She wouldn't even let us hold her hands. She wanted to be free to wander as deep as she wanted too. That girlie is fearless. Total opposite of her big brother. Mason, Ryder, and Parker loved paddling in the boat. They are starting to be old enough to play together. hooray! And we loved hanging out around the campfire. Here is Tess loving the bubbles. Here they are in Grandma and Grandpa's RV watching... what else? Incredibles of course.Tess and Mason both loved Bear. Mason screamed like a little girl the first day every time he barked or came close to him. But he warmed up to him and by the end of the trip was feeding him his dinner and laughing uncontrollably every time Bear would look at him. Hopefully this is helping him overcome his fear of doggies. We loved the trip. Thanks so much Shields fam for all you do! We love being with you!

The End.

4 comments:

Stephers said...

I LOVE the pictures. Your hair looks lighter, did you have it highlighted again before you left for the trip? It looks FABULOUS! I love the picture of Mason smiling, he totally has fun with that side of the family :) Love Tessa's CRACK!!! Super cute. Glad you had fun, I was worried about the car ride, I kept thinking about Jackson. Love ya, we need to play soon before we leave for Cali!

Stephers said...

P.S. Have you looked at our site lately?? Don't HATE me! I really like the brown background with pictures of our boys. I LOVE YOU :)

Trish said...

Jill, Your hair is so darling. I cannot believe you chopped it off. You look fabulous. It looks like you had a great time.

Tara Bennett said...

Hi Jill!

I don't think it is weird one bit that you look at my blog. Because, confession, I look at your blog every single time you update it! (Google Reader is my fave). I've wanted to leave comments 100 times, but always thought YOU would think it was weird.

Thank you so much for your comment, it truly made my day! I think Burke, Mason & Tess are super lucky to have you too. You are lovely.

I have to say, when you did this post, it made my day too! I love that Shields family so dang much, it was good to see them all! But I have to say Val's face in the picture just totally cracked me up!

Let's just put all weirdness aside, because truly it was never there. Life is just as it should be and you are my e-pal, ok?

Oh, and by the way, I LOVE the new 'do!

Tara