Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm so glad when daddy comes home!

Hooray! We are all smiles in the Shields household now that Daddy is back from Alaska!! He had a great time and caught lots of yummy fresh fish. This is his 57lb Halibut. Wow. I'm glad he had fun with the other men because fishing on the ocean in 50 degree temps and pooring rain for a week straight is not my idea of a good time. But neither is taking care of the kids all by myself for a week. It sure makes me appreciate my man.
So Sunday we took the kids to the park to get some quality family time. Here is my handsome 2 year old. What a little stud.

Swinging with Daddy is the best!
Tessa taking in the sites. She can't sit still for a second! Can I just say that church is a joke right now. She will not sit still and screams if I try to keep her in one place. So I pretty much just roam the halls with her for 3 hours. She likes to go up to everyone and say "Hi" with her huge smile. It cracks me up. But it can be kind of embarassing when she walks to the front of the class next to the teacher, turns around to the class, gives her big grin and says "Hi" and of course the whole class laughs and she just beams. I think church will not be the same for quite a while.

Okay... so I thought this was pretty funny. Tessa is finally getting long enough hair that I can put about 5 strands in an elastic and call it a pony tail. She loves to check herself out in the mirror. The funny part is that Mason really likes the "bugs" that I put in her hair and wanted me to put them in his hair too. So, as usual, I gave him what he wanted.




3 comments:

3 Men & a Lady said...

Wow, it's got to be so nice to have your hubby back! And that's awesome about the huge halibut, although it completely grosses me out! Mason is totally growing up. He looks like such a little man in that picture at the park! And Tess is still a DOLL! I totally hear ya about church. I was just venting on my blog about it a while back. Between messed up nap times and feeding times, and Broox being SOOOO busy, it's pretty much a joke. I am so tired mentally and physically after the 3 hours is up! Hang in there and I'll try to do the same!

Stephers said...

I love the new background, you change it so much, I can't keep up! J/K. Cute pics of the kiddos, they are just darling. Glad Burke made it back safe and sound! We will have to partake of the yummy fish when you get back from your camping trip :)
Sorry we didn't get to hang out more today, kinda crazy when we are in a store with all of them. Love ya!

Katie said...

so cute!I can relate to the single mom stress it sure is nice to get daddy home!