Monday, August 11, 2008

Visitors



How much fun can one girl have? That is the question! Is this the happiest photo? I love it. This is my little girl's 1st ride on a carousel. I think she had fun. What do you think?

I haven't posted in awhile. We have been busy here at the Shields household. We have had several visitors now that our basement is finished. Grandpa Val and Grandma Sallie came and stayed with us for a few days. We took the kids to the zoo. The best part?? The carousel of course!Check out this happy face. They loved it! Just as Val and Sallie left, the Christensen's came to town. Makayla, Alexa and Ryder just wore themselves right out in the bounce house at Tess's birthday party. We loved having them here to play with us.


Tess didn't eat much of her birthday cake. She just crumbled it up.

Since then we've just been busy busy busy. Rakelle and Steve stayed with us this last weekend and we had a blast with Parker and Kaylee. Jared and Matthew stayed with some other friends so we didn't get to see enough of them. But we went to the pool and splashed around with them all. When Parker left Mason stood at the door saying "More Parker, More Parker."

I love it that all the Shields came to stay with us. I hate it that they are all in Boise and get together every week, if not more, while we are the Salt Lake outcasts of the family. It made me feel closer to them and I hope they all come back soon.


So.. Today is Burke's 36 birthday! Wow what an old man!! He's off fishing in Alaska this week so we don't really get to celebrate except over the phone. Love you babe! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Stephers said...

Cute pics of the kids! I told Mikey to call Burke today to wish him happy birthday, but he thought that would be cheesy, so we will just have to do it when he gets back :) Can't wait to hang out with you and the kiddos tomorrow. I have missed our play dates!

Trish said...

Cute pictures. It looks like you have been very busy. I am glad you got to see your extended family. Tell Burke Happy Birthday!