Friday, April 17, 2009

Mason has finally mastered the potty!!! (Burke wants me to let you know that he has too)

Hallelujah!!!!

Gosh that was a pain! He was doing really well. I was taking him to the potty every 3 hours and he would go. We did this for about a week. Then all of a sudden he regressed. He started fighting me every time I tried to take him to the potty and would hold it all day and then go so much at night in his diaper (I am still using diapers at night) that it would leak out all over him and his bed. YUCK!

So the secret to our success.....


I bought him one of these at Walmart for about $3.00. It sat on the back of the toilet and everytime he went he would get one. All of a sudden he was asking to go potty 20-30 times a day. By the time the gumballs were all gone, he didn't need them anymore and was asking to go without any reward at all. Hooray!!!

4 comments:

Stephers said...

Yipeee... that is so great. It was so fun to see him tell you when you were over yesterday. That is super exciting. Way to go MASON!
And as for Burke, we were wonderin when he would finally figure things out. We were starting to feel a little embarrassed for him at family functions. I guess it just took Mason showing his daddy how to master the potty :) Way to go Burke!

Bodell Family said...

Congrats! Its so nice to not change diapers anymore! I love the bubble gum idea!

Matt and Mandy said...

What a great idea! I can't imagine how hard that has to be. Good job!

Katie said...

What a huge deal!!! That is so awesome! I have purchased a few walmart gumball machines as well- rotten teeth and bellyfull of gum is so worth it!! Congrats! It was so fun to see you last week thanks for coming over! Love you!