Thursday, April 23, 2009

So this is how my week started out....
I was on the freeway going to meet some high school friends for lunch. I came to some construction signs telling me to merge left. I had a semi on the left side so I was getting ready to merge as soon as it passed me. The car in front of me sped up and merged in front of the semi and as soon as it got over I noticed there was a van STOPPED on the freeway trying to merge left. I slammed on my brakes but this is what happened.

I had burns on my arms from the air bag going off. My kids were strapped in their cars seats screaming. We were still sitting on the freeway and I was so afraid that someone was going to hit me and my kids and I couldn't do anything to get them out of there. It was soooo scary! I tried to pull off the road as far as I could go but it took the police forever to get to me and the whole time I was worried that my kids were in danger sitting there on the freeway!

We are all fine thankfully. Tess has an abrasion on her neck from the car seat strap and Mason has a bruise on his shoulder from the seat belt. The people in the van were able to drive away in their car. Ours though, is totalled. I was worried Burke would be angry with me but luckily he was excited that now we get to get a new car. I can always... well, sometimes... count on Burke to see the bright side of our problems. (Just kidding honey.)

3 comments:

The Evans said...

Jill I am so sorry, I ran into your mom yesterday and she told me what happened. I am so glad you and the kids are alright.

Tara Bennett said...

Sorry this happened! But I'm so glad you and the kiddos are ok. At least you know what to do.... 'one call, that's all!' ;o)

Stephers said...

OUCH! So glad you are all safe. Hope you heal up quickly! Love you.